Saturday, March 16, 2013

Today We Drove to Gonaive


According to Google it should take 2 hours and 1 minute to get to Gonaive (94 miles north).

According to reality, it takes a LOT longer.

4 hours to get there, 2 hours to load the truck and check on the bus and visit with Pastor Michel, and 6 hours to get back (truck problems!).  12 HOURS – most of it spent on the roads in Haiti. 

Our reward? we enjoyed a good meal cooked by Mrs. Marcellus. 

And though Mrs. Marcellus is an excellent cook, our GREATEST reward was going through  the tubs and boxes.  I wish all of you could have seen the joy in everyone’s faces as they saw all that was given to them by St Paul’s Lutheran Church.  I couldn't stop smiling as I saw so much happiness in one room.  The boys had to put together the drum set right away – by flashlight no less.  Good thing Haiti is already very noisy because the Marcellus home is anything but quiet tonight!

We had often wondered why we chose to work with Pastor Michel to get the bus to Gonaive.  I know that I questioned that as I rode in the truck for 4 hours.  But once again, God had a bigger plan than we could see or understand.  We found out that Pastor Michel runs a hospital.  So I told him that Pastor Widelson has a Nursing School.  The light bulb went on for both Pastors!  When Pastor Widelson goes back to Gonaive to get the bus, he is going to tour the hospital and make arrangements to drive the nursing students in THE BUS to Pastor Michel’s hospital so they can train.  The students will pay Pastor Widelson (income!) and the students will get training (good advertisement for Pastor’s nursing school!) God wanted Pastor Michel and Pastor Widelson to meet and the bus got them together.  And I guess he knew I wouldn't stop talking so I could make sure why they needed to know each other. For those of you who know me well...now you know that it is a gift from God that I talk so much :) 

God knows what he is doing…even when we don’t.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! "God DOES know what he is doing....even when we don't." Your words (definitely a gift from God) continue to make me smile & make me proud of all that you are doing & accomplishing. Thanks for sharing this Wonderful Journey of Faith. Abundant Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete